Re: Ubiquitous connotations

Subject: Re: Ubiquitous connotations
From: Jill Ramacciotti <jramacci -at- SIEBEL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 14:05:43 -0700

A real world example?

In college, there was a stunningly handsome guy that my best friend and I
ran into all the time. We gave him our own private nickname - Ubiquitous.

It stuck, and we used it until we graduated. I always thought of it as a
term with two facets: yes, we saw him everywhere, but it was always a good
thing to see him. I don't see it having the "disgust" factor of cloying.

I don't think of it as "seen everywhere whether I like it or not" but more
"seen everywhere without my making any attempt to find it".

Jill Ramacciotti
jill -at- null -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=