Re: Documenting Classes and Methods/Functions

Subject: Re: Documenting Classes and Methods/Functions
From: Linda Sherman <linsherm -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 16:03:26 -0400

Kathleen Melly wrote:

> I have to document the classes and methods for a software developers kit
> (sdk) reference manual and a programmers guide...

This has come up before. I don't know if it's in the archives, but you
might want to check.

The consensus, IIRC, was that you should document everything and do it
in some sort of electronic hypertext format--it's too hard to do it in
linear text, especially in languages like C++ where class hierarchies
can get deep and complicated.

L.
--
Linda K. Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>
Freelance Writer: Technical - Business - Government

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=