Re: Working with SMEs

Subject: Re: Working with SMEs
From: Smokey Lynne L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 22:17:41 -0400

snip>

"....when I send edited documents to managers and SMEs, I usually
sit down and explain the changes I made. I describe rules of
grammar, formatting decisions, style choices, and my word choices
(based on audience and function)...."

snip>

I agree with you 100% on your rationale, especially the later part. In
fact, I was taught to take it a little further much like defending your
thesis. Anytime there is a question on a call that I make, I cite three
technical references for that call. The SMEs and I then come to the
conclusion there was a legitimate defense for the call. After a few
times of this process, the SMEs usually go along with my recommended
calls without questioning them as much.

SLBare

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=