Looking for work (Vancouver, BC and surrounding area)

Subject: Looking for work (Vancouver, BC and surrounding area)
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 13:15:21 -0700

Hey all,

Some bad news came my way this morning -- the market downturn
has finally affected Intrinsyc, and the company has taken its first
step toward ensuring its survival into 1999 and beyond. Yep, I was
served a layoff notice this morning, along with several other staff.

That means I'll be signing off the list shortly, and reappearing with
a new e-mail address -- rowena -at- pinc -dot- com -dot- I'll also be posting a
URL with my revised resume and portfolio shortly.

Meanwhile, if anyone out there knows about job opportunities for
an intermediate (or even junior) technical writer in the Vancouver
area (I'm willing to move back to Vancouver Island as well) please
let me know.

A short list of skills includes:

Employment history:
- 4+ years (almost 5) technical writing and web page development
- 1+ years marketing (proposals and RFPs, mainly)

Tools:
- RoboHelp and RoboHTML 6.0
- Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Paint Shop Pro
- Front Page
- HotMetal
- and a million more...

Writing background:
- business plans
- proposals and RFPs
- newsletters
- web pages (including high-res graphics development)
- online help
- user guides and manuals
- advertisements for newspapers and magazines
- some journalism experience
- flyers and promotional materials
- etc...

Cheers (and I'm always cheery, don't worry!),

Rowena

Rowena Hart
Technical Writer
Intrinsyc Software, Inc.