Re: Any Word on Word?

Subject: Re: Any Word on Word?
From: Roy Jacobsen <rjacobse -at- GREATPLAINS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 08:47:12 -0500

We do almost all of our docs (ranging from < 50 to > 300) in Word 97. I
wouldn't say they're graphics intensive, but we do include several screen
shots. We found that we get the best results if we break them into smaller
chunks; when the files go above 1 meg, Word starts choking.

We are considering moving to FrameMaker; one of the writers has been using
it with good results. What we're uncertain about is creating the templates
we'll need and moving all our existing docs into FrameMaker. That, and
buying the copies we'll need.

Roy M. Jacobsen
Editor
Great Plains Software
rjacobse -at- gps -dot- com

You've no idea what a poor opinion I have of myself, and how little I
deserve it. -- W.S. Gilbert

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=