Re: What do interviewers read?

Subject: Re: What do interviewers read?
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:05:05 -0700

Folks -

<begin Fume>
I must be having a Terrible Friday, but I just had one of those excruciatingly
illustrative experiences on this topic.

I've been circulating my resume because we're thin on contracts at the moment.
One agent emailed me back requesting more information on the following:

> 1) Extent of Networking understanding/ documentation.
> 2) Ability to work full time on sight at Client site in Santa Clara area
> 3) Hourly Bill rate; 1099 or W-2
> 4) Previous documentation experience

# 2 and 3 I can understand - those are legitimate questions. However, the way
my resume is written, the network concepts I've dealt with are in the top third
of the first page, and are further documented later on in the resume, so #1 is
satisfied by simply skimming the resume. And #4 is all but insulting - my
whole TC resume is about "previous documentation experience."

When I called her back as she requested, she was a little unnerved that I'd
expected her to read the resume she requested - she had so many she dealt with
every day, she said, that she hadn't had time to read mine.

If ever anyone wanted validation for the fact that lots of agencies are simply
pass-throughs without much more than cursory looks at your resume, here's one
example.

<end Fume>

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems