Opinion

Subject: Opinion
From: David Hirschler <docman -at- AVANA -dot- NET>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 08:59:16 -0400

At my former job, we chose FrameMaker over Word. Our documents were about
250 pgs. each, consisting of several chapters. There were quite a few
graphics as well. We had a lot of trouble managing the books in Word. We
felt that the advantages of Frame far outweigh the advantages of Word.
Frame has a learning curve, but then so does (seemingly each version of)
Word. Word might be less expensive, but that is a short-term view. Frame
saves you a bundle in long-term productivity.

David Hirschler
Contract Technical Writer
docman -at- avana -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=