Re: An ugly job incident (long)

Subject: Re: An ugly job incident (long)
From: rlprice <rlprice -at- NETCOM -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:21:10 -0700

Anon:
Re Barry's response. He may be stating a case that is true according to some employment agreement he signed. However personal notes and files are not necessarily the property of the company nor is it unusual to clear out old notes and files. If you have committed any error it is that of bad timing. This does not negate your rights nor does it deny you the ability to fight back.
Get good legal advice, forget the "if you sue you'll never work again" nonsense, and go after what is rightfully yours. DO NOT BE PASSIVE. It is true that most legal or HR departments will not let this sort of thing go to court. I've been there and a settlement is always in the best interest the parties involved.
I have to wonder what country Barry is from? Most of us have some form of protection -- constitution, code of civil rights, that sort of antiquated document!
RP