Re: WORD 97 Annoyances

Subject: Re: WORD 97 Annoyances
From: Matt Craver <MCraver -at- OPENSOLUTIONS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:05:05 -0400

Doug Nickerson [Doug_Nickerson -at- ONSETCOMP -dot- COM] wrote:
> The consensus of the many ( > 7 ) responses is to download
> ServiceRelease-1 or SR-2. Microsoft's Web page is having trouble
with
> downloading today, and says you can
> no longer download SR-2 (some problems discovered).
Actually, _please_ do not download the SR-2 patch for Office 97. We have
had quite non-trivial problems with installing it (hangs, freezes, failed
installations, and one BSOD). Instead, call MS customer support and ask for
the Office 97 SR-2 _Replacement_ CD. There is a patch CD and a replacement
CD - make sure you get the right one. For more information, check out Woody
Leonhard's page at (I think) www.wopr.com.
-Matthew Craver,
Technical Documentation
Open Solutions Inc.