Re: Eliminating .txt file hard returns

Subject: Re: Eliminating .txt file hard returns
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 13:27:59 -0700

Steve Marshall wrote:

> Here's a minimalist Word 6.0 (WordBasic) macro:
>
> Sub MAIN
> StartOfDocument
> EditReplace .Find = "^p^p", .Replace = "%%%", .ReplaceAll
> EditReplace .Find = "^p", .Replace = " ", .ReplaceAll
> EditReplace .Find = "%%%", .Replace = "^p^p", .ReplaceAll
> End Sub

If any line ends with a space before the single paragraph mark, the
second EditReplace will leave you with two spaces--potentially in the
middle of a sentence. Make sure you include a check for those, too.

--David

(VBA? We don't need no stinkin' VBA!)

David M. Brown -- Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
http://www.brown-inc.com/
See our web site for news about HTML Indexer, the easiest way to
create and maintain indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=