Re: FWD: Ethical Problem

Subject: Re: FWD: Ethical Problem
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:27:44 -0500

Should I start polishing up my resume?

Yes, but FWIW, you're doing The Right Thing.

While doing so, however, *don't* mention that she's looking for another
job. For a lot of pointy-haired bosses, that's an indicator that nothing
more need be said or done about the person; she's decided to leave so let
her and get on with her replacement. So do yourself a favor (I'm assuming
you'd rather she stayed around) and don't mention anything else about her
beyond that she deserves an apology for the incredibly rude and
unprofessional behavior she was subjected to.

BTW, you have far more forbearance that I. I think I would probably have
found it irresistable to forward the copy of the citation (along with an
explanation of why it was a copy and not the original) along to the
Director. Volcanoes can be wondrously beautiful; but never as your boss.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=