TW Position, Darien, CT

Subject: TW Position, Darien, CT
From: "Philanthi R.Koslowski" <DCC/KOSLOWSKI -at- AEILOGIS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:05:13 -0500

Tech Writers,

A few weeks ago, I had asked for info on what Tech Writers do as I was
interviewing for an entry-level position with an international global
logistics company. A couple of weeks later, I posted that I had gotten the
job.

I am now posting that the position is not going to work out, not because of
the company but because Tech Writing just isn't a fit for me. I have informed
my managers and although this will set them back a bit and they were
disappointed, they were very understanding and wished me luck.

I also told them I would do everything I could to ease the situation,
including getting a project they were counting on up to speed before I leave
and trying to find a replacement. That's where you all come in. By reading
the postings on this list, I have seen some incredible intelligence and
talent. Would love to know if anyone would be interested.

The basics of the position are:

Global Logistics Firm located in Darien, CT. Position is in ww headquarters.

OSS Department Entry-level Tech Writer (but they might consider higher level
if right person) for large, global logistics corporation (7,400 employees,
over 700 locations throughout the world). Right now, main focus would be
re-writing of training documentation for proprietary logistics management
software. Work closely with help-desk analysts. However, may also be future
opportunity to write for other areas of MIS (development, tech support,
customer support), as well as to travel and train company station staff in
using the system.

If you're interested, please e-mail me at the address listed below and I will
forward you additional info including who to contact.

Regards,
Phil Koslowski (dccprk)
Technical Writer, OSS
dccprk -at- aeilogis -dot- com