2 spaces vs. 1 space after period

Subject: 2 spaces vs. 1 space after period
From: Sarah Vasil <s_vasil -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 06:52:35 PST

Does anyone have any documentation regarding spacing after a period? I
get major resistance when I tell people it is no longer necessary to use
two spaces after periods. If I had documentation to show them, my life
would be much easier. I've looked in all the style guides I could find,
but I didn't see anything . . .

Please respond off-list to s_vasil -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-

Thanks,
Sarah

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=