Re: HELP!! Graphics Problem

Subject: Re: HELP!! Graphics Problem
From: Wally Glassett <wallyg1 -at- PACBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 13:40:20 -0800

Melissa:

When using <alt-print screen>, the capture will be placed on the clipboard
and can, then, only be saved as a .clp file from the clipboard (viewer).
From the capture point you can to two things. 1. Paste the capture into a
real image/graphics processing program/application directly from the
clipboard and save it in the format you really want. 2. Save it as a .clp
file, and then open that file in a graphics program, and then save it in the
format you want.

What your SME is doing will be OK if she/he, or you, can do one or the other
of the above BEFORE you do anything else with the capture. I would suggest
having the SME save the file as a .clp after you make sure you have an
application that can open a .clp file (most will) so you can save it in the
format you wish. Oh, don't delete the .clp files...

These methods have worked well for me when I've been capturing images off
server monitors and the administrators don't want any 'strange' software
apps. running on their servers.

Wally Glassett, Pres.
Tech Doc-It, Inc.
wallyg1 -at- pacbell -dot- net

"The transformation of calories into words, of words into money,
and of money into calories again are the three cycles in a
freelance writer's metabolism." /Mary Kittredge, _Poison Pen_