Re: Is a tech writing degree best? Was:TECHWR-L in the News

Subject: Re: Is a tech writing degree best? Was:TECHWR-L in the News
From: Layna Andersen <laynaa -at- CARECOMPUTER -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:38:41 +0000

> I am wondering if this really is the general perception out there.
>
> Any opinions?

Out of left field -- there are different KINDS of tech writing degrees. Mine came
out of the English department at USF; I know at some schools they come out
of Engineering, and maybe some other departments too.

I got a nice job with my tech writing degree, but I know some others who got
similarly nice jobs with English Lit degrees + experience, and things like that.

Layna Andersen

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=