Re: Want a new mailing list?

From: Guru <guru -at- BOM5 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 00:25:49 +0530

Hello all,

Just wanted to add that the TWIN mailing list is archived at egroups. I am
very satisfied with it.The TW-IN egroup is also a place for everyone to
participate in TWIN (Technical Writers of India). You need not be a member
of the TWIN mailing list to access and post to the TW-IN egroup (the hyphen
is there because there is already a Wrestling group called TWIN -- <grin>).
Posting to the egroup is as simple as posting to an address!

Recently, someone enquired whether she could post an interesting "teaser" on
the TWIN mailing list. As in any list, list members are quite protective
about their lists -- I therefore suggested that she post it to the TW-IN
egroup, rather than the list. (Heck, it is so interesting I will post it
myself.) In short, egroup is a good place for an email/web interface list.
It has other features like Calendar, Poll, Folders, Search, etc.

TWIN also tried something called the Delphi Forum. This also could be an
effective forum for discussions. The URL for Delphi is obviously
http://www.delphi.com. The TWIN Forum on Delphi has not been successful,
however other forums seem to be doing well. In Delphi Forum, you can have
16 Topics or Subjects (Technical Writing, Web, Online, Grammar, Help, Word,
Tools, FrameMaker, PDF, etc.) The best part of the Forum is you have to
visit the Forum and partake whatever you want.

I think both these (egroups and Delphi) are excellent places for discussions
of technical communication and other topics. Thanks Alessandra for bringing
this service to everyone's notice.

Guru (guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in) (who feels TECHWR-L is a daily online seminar
on TC)
Check out TWIN (TechWriters of India) at http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath
TWIN archives at http://www.egroups.com/list/tw-in

>I do not think that Eric is SO fascist, but if you (or someone else) want
>set up your own mailing list, take a look at this web site:
>
>http://www.egroups.com/
>
>They offer you all you need to set up and maintain a new mailing list FOR
>FREE. This task is quite simple and well documented.
>
>I will be happy to subscribe any new mailling list and listen as much
>opinions as possible, no matter if they are on-topic or not.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=