Re: Twilight Zone during Word session???

Subject: Re: Twilight Zone during Word session???
From: Darla Kennington <Darla -at- ACCUBID -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:57:16 -0500

John,

You were wondering...

A puzzlement--perhaps I just invaded the Twilight Zone, but...
I accidently created a smiley face character on my Word document when
attempting to write an end parentheses )
I tried to duplucate the feat and checked a few Word resources to no
avail.
Does anyone out there know about this feature??

Just another perk from Bill Gates. Microsoft has decided, I guess, that
we use the :) (colon + parentheses) to make a smile enough in our
messages and notes to one another, that whenever you type this key
combination in Word (and often in Outlook), the happy face symbol
appears instead of the standard :).

Darla

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=