Re: Switch hitting (was TW and Marketing

Subject: Re: Switch hitting (was TW and Marketing
From: Linnea Dodson <tscribe -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 05:15:36 PST

It's been my experience that the smaller the company, the less the
management distinguishes between types of writing, erasing the
difference between "marketing writing" and "technical writing," etc. At
a point, the managers stop seeing you as "the technical writer" and
simply consider you "the writer" and responsible for all the words.

Marketing writing is still a form of explanation - only, instead of
explaining how something works, you're explaining why someone should
want to buy it. IMO, after the tech writer has learned a product well
enough to write the manual, that writer is in the best position to write
persuasive marketing copy due to familiarity with the product's
strongest features.

Nea Dodson

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=