Re: Name

Subject: Re: Name
From: Mike Starr <mike -dot- starr -at- PLATINUM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 11:31:23 -0600

One of the things that's always annoyed me is how the marketing pukes come up
with a name but don't consider the possibility that the product name might just
have to be used in a sentence. It can be really frustrating trying to wedge a
clumsily-constructed four-word product name that can't be used in any other
form because of trademark considerations into common everyday usage. <arggh>

Having said that, one of the true joys I've known in my years as a technical
writer is the power of providing sensible names for things in the documentation
when engineering calls it something really stupid or uses 16 different terms
for the same thing. And then having that sensible name trickle its way into
common usage within the organization.

Mike

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=