Re: Callouts on Artwork - Best Method Please?

Subject: Re: Callouts on Artwork - Best Method Please?
From: Janet Valade <janetv -at- MAIL -dot- SYSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 08:00:07 -0800

> Generally, I do callouts in the desktop publisher or word
processing
> program.

> Advantages of doing them this way:

snip

> Disadvantages:
> * If you don't link the callouts and graphics correctly, you can
wind
> up with misplaced callouts.
> * If you search and replace (or change a variable), the callout
might
> get cutoff or not be lined up anymore.
> * On some graphics (particularly EPS), it's hard to line up the
> callout with the line or item.

One more disadvantage: If you ever need to convert your document to
HTML, you will have to put the callouts as part of the graphic as that
point.

Janet

Janet Valade
Technical Writer
Systech Corp, San Diego, CA
mailto:janetv -at- systech -dot- com

Guess that leaves the answer to be the old reliable "it depends."

> Regards,
>
> Barb
> Barbara Philbrick, Caslon Services Inc.
> Technical Writing. caslonsvcs -at- ibm -dot- net
> Cleveland, OH
>

> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
> =

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=