Re: Referring to HTML tags in documentation

Subject: Re: Referring to HTML tags in documentation
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 14:16:07 -0700

I prefer all uppercase for tags and attributes. Lowercase for values; i.e.,
ALIGN="center". I also prefer seeing the tags inside the brackets, but if
you talk about an attribute by itself (like my ALIGN example above) don't
use brackets.

Because I internally say "end HTML" when reading </HTML>, I would precede it
with "an". Of course my internal verbalizing of "end" may be because of my
programming background. I don't know how someone who has never programmed
would verbalize a closing HTML tag. Perhaps they think "close HTML"? Then
"an" may not be appropriate.

There. I think I've sufficiently confused the matter further. :)

Bev Parks
parksb -at- emh1 -dot- hqisec -dot- army -dot- mil

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=