Re: Problems with Acrobat Reader

Subject: Re: Problems with Acrobat Reader
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 14:11:02 +0100

Jennifer,

Acrobat Reader MUST be installed from the installer program provided by
Adobe. It CAN NOT be copied from one machine to an other just so.

First, there are technical reasons (as you have seen), but also legal
reasons (Adobe forbids to distribute the Reader in any other form than the
installer provided by them).

Have your client properly install the Reader, and things should work out.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
WWW: http://www.prodok.ch/prodok

Bridging the Knowledge Gap

______________________

>Hi guys,
>
>I've a problem with Acrobat Reader. We recently commissioned a
>writing agency to write an online help system for us and part of it
>lets the user open other manuals. These are in pdf format & are
>accessed thru' Acrobat Reader, which is installed in the help
>system. When the company emailed me the completed system,
>everything worked fine on my computer, and I then emailed it on to
>someone else to look at before we release it. But he can't open the
>associated manuals: the Reader in the help system now doesn't
>work. He gets the message "Adobe type manager not found". Even
>when he replaced the Reader files (Acroread.exe & Shortcut to
>Acroread.exe) he still gets an error message. And everyone he's
>passed on the help system to also has this problem. What's
>happened?
>
>Cheers,
>
>Jennifer

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=