[no subject]

From: Susan Sudhir <ssudhir -at- OPTUM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:31:46 -0800

>Sometimes we think nothing ever changes. Back in '92, I totally agreed with
Mr Tognazzini's statement about a second-class position for tech writers.
Today, I no longer feel that way. I wonder how many of you agree?

I still do, Jessica. I've been a tech writer for little under a year now. I
tremendously enjoy what I am doing, but I don't particularly like the
"second-class" position that I find myself in. This is a software company,
and we live and breathe code. And somehow, some writers of code think that
writing manuals is such an easy thing to do, and therefore not worthy of
respect. They don't care that you spend hours translating their code into
user-friendly language. They don't care that you are the interface between
them and the outside world. All they care is that they write code and you
don't. And that hurts.

But I still love this job.

Susan

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=