Re: ANON: CHAT: How times have changed (reply)

Subject: Re: ANON: CHAT: How times have changed (reply)
From: Kathleen Kuvinka <kkuvinka -at- CLIENTELE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 08:45:40 -0800

Maybe, maybe not. I use to work for a government contractor who did mostly
space hardware development. Documentation is a serious big-time deliverable.
You may argue that doc is not the "real product," but a great deal has to be
delivered before development can even begin. This includes much artwork.

Shortly before I started, tech writers and artists were hourly employees
making, for the most part, less than 20K! These were folks with degrees in
both writing and engineering, some advanced. My boss said he felt
"uncomfortable" asking the company to pay for my STC membership. And so on.
Go figure.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=