Re: Very dangerous new Virus

Subject: Re: Very dangerous new Virus
From: Robert Nusbaum <Nuskafka -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 13:40:05 EST

I received this from a German colleague and am putting it on the list in case
no one else has. The colleague is a PhD student in philosophy whom I have
worked with translating articles, and it sounds like it's on the level, though
one never knows. It certainly wouldn't be too difficult to start a rumor like
this, and it seems to me that AOL, to which I am a subscriber, and Compuserve,
to which I also subscribe, would warn their members of this. So...maybe it's
someone's idea of a joke. If so, my apologies. But if it's not...it's scary.

Robert Nusbaum

Our computer company has told us about the following virus. If you receive an
email with the title GET MORE MONEY :::::: DO NOT OPEN IT UNDER ANY
CIRCUMSTANCES. because it will erase your entire hard disc.

Send this warning to as many people as possible. This is a new and very
dangerous virus and not many people know about it yet. Microsoft released this
information last week, so please send this information to anyone you know who
has an internet connection.

Also, do not open messages marked "Return to Sender."

Here's some of the original German:

Reichen Sie diese Warnung an soviele Leute wie moeglich weiter. Dies

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000