Re: Identifying Tables in Manuals

Subject: Re: Identifying Tables in Manuals
From: Anne McDonough <amcdonou -at- OLF -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:11:05 -0500

The US Department of Defense way is to:

Refer to the table in the text as "Table 1-1" and center the table
in the middle of the page with its caption above the table.

That's my vote!

Deborah Cooper wrote:

> I'm debating a situation in my office: when you include a table
> in your document, do you refer to the table in the text as "the
> following table" and then center the table in the middle of the
> page with its caption centered under the table or,
>
> Refer to the table in the text as "Table 1-1" and center the table
> in the middle of the page with its caption above the table.
>
> What is the standard for this? Many thanks and have a super
> weekend!
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

begin:          vcard
fn:             Anne McDonough
n:              McDonough;Anne
org:            Open Link Financial, Inc.
adr;dom:        333 Earle Ovington Blvd., Suite 602;;;Mitchel Field;NY;11553;
email;internet: amcdonou -at- olf -dot- com
tel;work:       516-227-6600 ext 287
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1