Re: HTML Help

Subject: Re: HTML Help
From: Roy Anderson <royanderson -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 13:09:32 -0500

Please overlook my tardiness in replying to this thread but I've been
on vacation.

One oft-overlooked consideration when delivering online help via browsers
is that current browsers permit your targeted audience to disable Java
(Netscape and IE) and Active-X (IE) functions.

Java and Active-X controls offer the potential for bad people to do bad
things to one's PC. Because of this, some users are choosing to disable
Java, Active-X, and cookies functionality to better insulate themselves
from security concerns. If this is the case, key components of your Help
deliverables may be undeliverable. (Gulp.) Just bear this in mind.

Have a nice day.

Roy

Jeroen Hendrix wrote:

> is requiered, because it uses ActiveX-controls.
> But, correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't RoboHelp have a way around this? As I
> understood (not from real life experience though) RoboHelp makes use of
> Java and is therefore supported by all Browsers that can handle Java. So,
> real cross-platform online help.
>
> Can anyone on the list verify this?
>
> Jeroen Hendrix
> PolyDoc