Degrees and Good News

Subject: Degrees and Good News
From: "Ann L. Lamon" <alamon -at- PSN -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 22:29:37 -0700

To all who commented:
Thank you for all your comments (to my reply to someone who asked about
the importance of a degree for TW employment).
I wanted to take this opportunity to tell all of you I started my first
tech writing job last Monday here in Phoenix. It came completely out of
the blue, but what matters is now I can actually put Technical Writer on
my resume. This is a contract through the end of the year, with a
possibility (a good one) of continuing, maybe indefinitely.
I am thrilled and the job seems to be a good one, with an excellent
team to work with. Thank you all for everything that has been written
on this listserve, it has kept me on track and encouraged during my long
search for work.
Regards to each of you,
Ann Lamon
Technical Writer