Beginning a job search

Subject: Beginning a job search
From: Lynna D Peneguy <l -dot- d -dot- peneguy -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 01:14:41 -0600

I am graduating next May with a Ph.D. in English (emphasis in linguistics
and technical writing), and I need feedback from the list concerning when
to begin a serious search for a job in technical writing.

Academic jobs are usually posted six months to a year in advance, thus I
can apply for academic jobs now, even though I won't finish my degree
until May. But I'm a little fuzzy on when (as a rule) to start applying
for non-academic technical writing jobs. Is six months in advance simply
out of the question? Would two to three months in advance make more
sense?

I'd appreciate any advice you have on this matter.

Lynna Dunn Peneguy
l -dot- d -dot- peneguy -at- juno -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=