Results: dtp contract rate per page??

Subject: Results: dtp contract rate per page??
From: Dianne Moscrip <dmoscrip -at- PACIFICCOAST -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:00:01 -0800

This is for group member information only.

Here's what I would charge for desktop publishing:

A flat set-up fee rate of $35, then an hourly fee of $30/hour. (The range
is $25-35 an hour). A one page layout should take about 60-90 minutes.
This would bring you to a first proof. Usually an estimate is given based
on one proof, copy ready, in black and white. For any other proofs or
extras, there's a charge out fee of $30 / hour. (Again, the range is
$25-35 an hour).

More information would need to be forthcoming for the project in regards to:

Is all of the information copy ready, and how it is going to be sent to
me? E-mail, cd rom, zip disk?

Instructions on the complete set up of the book / manual / catalogue ie.,
how many chapters?

Will an index and table of contents be required?

Are there any other special requirements, ie., writing / designing logos /
designing graphics .

Thank you to all those who responded. From what I can gather, these are
the "going" rates.

dmoscrip -at- pacificcoast -dot- net

"The world of reality has its limits; the world of imagination is
boundless". JEAN-JACQUES ROUSSEAU

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=