Word and PowerPoint, linking

Subject: Word and PowerPoint, linking
From: Barclay Blanchard <Bblancha -at- MANHATTANASSOCIATES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:42:53 -0500

Hello, all.

I'm inserting PowerPoint slides in a Word document by linking to
them so that someone can edit them from the Word document.
The original Word document was about 1 MB and the
PowerPoint file is about 1 MB as well, but the Word document
with the links to PowerPoint has grown to about 6 MB.

Can you tell me why this would happen? The file size is majorly
slowing down my poor processor.

I used the Edit -> Paste Special option to link to the slides.

Here's the field code for a slide link:
{ LINK PowerPoint Slide 8 "path:\\filename.ppt." "395" \a \p }

Thanks for any pointers.
Barclay Blanchard, Technical Writer, Manhattan Associates
770.955.5533 x1485 bblancha -at- manhattanassociates -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=