Re: Framemaker vs. Pagemaker - gossip

Subject: Re: Framemaker vs. Pagemaker - gossip
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:54:38 -0800

From what I do ** NOT ** see on FrameUsers, I think
the 'K2' thing /may/ rank down there with the Holiday
virus -- PM and FM play to different audiences; FM is the ONLY
high-end, really robust page comp app to play on all (major) platforms
-- Interleaf quit the Mac some time back and Ventura, not really in
FM's or Interleaf's class for extensive inter-chapter xrefs and 'book'
features, is still Windows only ... PM while a l-o-n-g way from what
is WAS still is not a FM; Adobe has to worry about Quark. Seems to me
if anything, PM would be killed, with FM getting anything usefull
(e.g. more flexible layouts easily applied) from PM. 'Course, the
bottom line IS the bottom line ...

---Michelle Vina-Baltsas <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- US -dot- CRAWCO -dot- COM> wrote:

> I agree that this is scary!!!! I just bought FM and am going to be
trained
> this week. I hope this isn't true!!
>
> Michelle
>

> Karen Field <KarenF -at- TRITECH -dot- COM> on 11/17/98 05:51:13 PM
>
> Please respond to Karen Field <KarenF -at- TRITECH -dot- COM>
>
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
> cc: (bcc: Michelle Vina-Baltsas/CRAWFORDCO/US)
> Subject: Re: Framemaker vs. Pagemaker - gossip
>

> This is scary. I am devastated by this Frame rumor. Have you heard
that
> Frame might be discontinued BECAUSE of the possible Frame/PM merger?
Is
> indulging in these rumors a healthy thing?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000
> > =
> > Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g., SIGNOFF

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=