Looking for clip art

Subject: Looking for clip art
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:45:38 -0600

Not just any clip-art, of course; that would be too easy.

I am in need of a picture of a blowfish, to go on a web page, and I'm
hoping to find a usable picture on the Web. I've tackled this from
various search engines, and while AltaVista did point me at a photo CD
with fish images, there were no blowfish. I did find some other
intersting sites, though: Hootie and the Blowfish is a popular band,
and Blowfish is the name of a company that that sells sex-related
products.

My current approach is to look at sites that sell royalty-free artwork
and photos, since most of the artwork sites I've found seem to have
good search engines. This is pretty brute-force, though. Anyone have
any better ideas?

This is why I generally prefer words to pictures -- I'm better at
putting the words together.

(The previous web page needed a picture of a yarrow plant, which was
easier, because people sell yarrow -- so I found a for-sale site with
a picture I liked, and asked the webmaster where he'd got the picture,
which he kindly let me know.)

Beth Friedman bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"If you can forgive your parents and forgive the Cubs, you can save
about $25,000 in therapy."
-- Steve Goodman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=