Re: Certification/Labor Shortages

Subject: Re: Certification/Labor Shortages
From: Garrett Winn <v2cdigw -at- US -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:11:20 -0500

And Steve was incredulous:

<...drastic labor shortage of technical writers...>

<David, I'll turn your remark --are YOU kidding?-- don't know where you
live, but they're not exactly beatin' down our doors in this area for
writers!>

Here at IBM, we are hiring Tech Writers like mad. There was a big layoff at a
company in a city to the north of us. All our recruiters descended on the area
like a flock of hungry vultures (okay, maybe it would sound nicer if they were
a bunch of shepherds guiding wayward flocks). My manager just told our
department today to send any family, friends, or favorite pets with technical
writing experience/skills to him for interviews.

If anyone is interested in a job, please email me off list and I'll give you
more information.

Cheers,

Garrett Winn

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and the lightning bug." --Mark Twain

Garrett Winn
Technical Communicator
Dept. 533, 004-1/J102
Tie Line 553-6918