Indexing Workshop

Subject: Indexing Workshop
From: Michelle Corbin <mcorbin -at- HEALTHMATICS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:40:46 -0500

Please do not reply to me, I am merely the messenger! Check out the Web
site and send all questions and replies to the contact information listed
there.

Thanks,
Michelle

The Carolina Chapter of the Society for Technical Communication (STC) is
offering a one-day workshop on indexing computer manuals. The session is
on Saturday, December 5, in Raleigh, NC.
Are you a technical writer who has to create indexes for the books you
write? Are you an indexer looking for tips on indexing computer manuals?
Do you want to create an index that reflects the quality of the rest of the
book but you just don't know where to begin? The Carolina Chapter of the
STC has a workshop for you: Indexing Computer Manuals, by Richard (Dick)
Evans, President of Infodex Indexing Services, Inc.
The workshop is one day of lecture and exercises and addresses the
following questions.
- What is an index?
- What are the building blocks of an index?
- What does an index look like?
- How do I select material for the index?
- How do I edit the finished product?
- How do I ensure the index meets my readers' needs?
For details, see:

http://stc.org/region2/ncc/www/edtraining2.html#top.workshop.index
If that link seems to be broken, try your hand at this longer one:

http://es54198.easystreet.com/region2/ncc/www/edtraining2.html#top.workshop
.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=