Réf. : RE: Réf. : A Theory at the End of the Rainbow?

Subject: Réf. : RE: Réf. : A Theory at the End of the Rainbow?
From: Mark Craig <mcraig -at- WINCAPSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 11:09:03 +0100

Thanks for the address.

<rant>When I say, referring to using a "chunking and analyzing the needs of
the user" method for writing documentation, that, "The really hard part is
forcing yourself to use the method," I mean: "The really hard part is using
a method that starts with analyzing user needs when no one ever bother to
analyze user needs before they came up with the software you're
documenting. In fact, the people in charge of creating the software appear
to consider the users an irritating, distracting necessary evil -- and the
less we have to waste time on them, the better."</rant>

Excuse me.

How do you people do good, user-oriented documenation under those
conditions? Change employers?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=