Re: [Fwd: graphics package]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: graphics package]
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 11:41:22 -0800

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998 08:37:09 -0700, Linda McCulloch-Smith wrote:

>any recommendations for an easy to use, but flexible graphics program
>that I can use to make some simple diagrams to add to my help? I will
>need to be able to draw circles, lines, arrows, boxes, add text,
>curved lines, etc. Paint would be ok except it doesn't do arrows. I
>want to add them to the Robohelp help. I can even use Word's
>graphics, but I can not figure out how to save the word graph as a
>file type I can reference with the Robohelp graphics insertion
>routine.

If you have access to a high-speed link, you could check out StarOffice 5.0.
Win32, OS/2, Linux and Solaris versions are all now free for personal use,
and the Windows download is under 50MB. It essentially rolls all standard
Office applications (word processor, spreadsheet, database and presentations)
into one program with one "desktop" interface, as well as an organizer
(address book, scheduling, etc.), web browser, email and news... AND a very
inclusive graphics editor that can edit images directly in a document, AND/OR
edit/save them as separate files. The graphic editor includes a lot of
functions and features I haven't found in other packages or at least not all
in one place.

Again, if you have a fast link, it's worth taking a look at. (And yes, it
supports Office 97 file formats).

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=