Re: Front Page

Subject: Re: Front Page
From: Alex Dianna <AADiann -at- ACCUSORT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:34:42 EST5EDT

I just thought I'd speak up and say I actually *like* FrontPage.

As is generally the case with any tool, it does indeed do some stupid
things to code. As is also generally the case, once you know how to
use the tool well, you can prevent (or at least limit) the number of
annoyances. I think it's a valuable resource for Tech Writers or
others who need or want to develop web pages but don't have the
skills to do it cold. Quality? That's a different argument.

Check out this link to read about the new version of FP that's in the
works. It makes some pretty awesome promises that may please those
of you who hate the fact that it messes with your code and tosses in
a few other unwanted "features."

http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/FP2000/WhatsNew.htm

And of *course* no good, serious, hardcore web developer
would even bother using tools like FP. Why, just like Macguyver,
they have the innate ability to build tricked-out web pages using a
piece of sugarless chewing gum, a fistful of fonts, some pocket lint,
a hint of irony, and two parallel lines in a single bound anyway...

Alex Dianna
aadiann -at- accusort -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=