Re: Office 97 SR-2

Subject: Re: Office 97 SR-2
From: Matt Craver <MCraver -at- OPENSOLUTIONS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 13:16:18 -0500

Bill B [buckheit -at- REDJACKET -dot- COM] wrote:
> I installed the "fixed" version of SR-2 and started to get major
crashes,
> not only in Word97 but in other apps as well. I uninstalled
Office97,
> deleted all the files that the uninstall didn't, and deleted any MS
Office
> registry entries. I then reinstalled Office97 without the SR-2 patch
and
> all apps now run better.

The "patch" version of SR-2 has been buggy. So buggy, in fact, that
Microsoft withdrew it from circulation and re-released it (yes, they had to
patch the patch). There is a "replacement" CD for SR-2 that registered
users can obtain from MS. See Woody's Office Watch for all the gory details
www.wopr.com
-Matthew Craver,
Technical Documentation
Open Solutions Inc.