Survey on who uses Indexers

Subject: Survey on who uses Indexers
From: "Kevin A. Broccoli" <brocindx -at- CATSKILL -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:21:54 -0500

I've been reading the posts on this list and learning from them for the past
month or so. Although I am not a tech writer, per se, I am involved in
creating indexes for technical documentation, including online Help.

What I am curious about is how many of you on documentation teams use
professional indexers to create the indexes to your material. I am
interested in your responses not only for my own marketing research, but for
that of members of the NY chapter of the American Society of Indexers. I
would like to share the statistics with them.

For those of you who do not use such indexers, do you feel there are
opportunities for professional indexers to become involved in technical
documentation at your company.

Kevin A. Broccoli
Broccoli Information Management
brocindx -at- catskill -dot- net
http://www.bim.net
Chair Person/Vice-President of the New York Chapter
of the American Society of Indexers
Co-Coordinator for the Web Indexing Special Interest Group of ASI
Member of the ASI Web Committee
Co-Indexer for ASI Web site

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=