Power Point bug

Subject: Power Point bug
From: "Roil, Nicola" <nroil -at- MSI -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:54:53 +1100

I work for a software company that is currently updating all its
training material. Our training is usually conducted in the form of
small group seminars. These seminars have two components:
- a presentation/lecture type section with slides
- workshops/hands on lab sessions.

The documentation which accompanies these seminars includes:
- instructor guides
- slide print-outs/ notes pages for students
- lab guides for students

We are currently developing the training material, excluding the lab
guides, in Power Point 97. We are using the notes page as an
Instructors Guide, this means there is a significant amount of text on
these pages.

We have found after making changes to the documents that many of them
mysteriously lose the text on every third or fourth notes page when the
document is reopened. We have since found this is a common PPT problem.

Currently our only option is to export the slides and text into
FrameMaker. We are concerned that maintaining the documents in two
different packages will create problems when we need to update them. It
also means our consultants can not print out the instructor text on site
if required.

Has anyone been able to find a fix for the PPT bug or can you suggest a
way of making the conversion and maintenance process less painful.

I'm happy to summarize and post responses.

Thank you

Nicola Roil
Technical Writer
MasterSoft International
PO Box 773, Chatswood NSW 2067, Australia
nroil -at- msi -dot- com -dot- au

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=