Problem w/ readable graphics in PDF

Subject: Problem w/ readable graphics in PDF
From: Jacqueline Porter <r5559c -at- EMAIL -dot- SPS -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 09:14:47 -0700

Hello,

I'm posting this for a colleague so please reply to the email address of
the person or to me personaly. Thanks!

J. Porter

Here's the question:

I have several Word documents that I have converted into PDF using Adobe
Acrobat. The conversion process is simple, however, when you look at
the document after the conversion (in PDF format) the graphics are very
fuzzy and difficult to read.

Has anyone had any success in converting docs from Word to PDF and have
the graphics appear readable? I tried cutting and pasting the graphic
into the doc, converting the graphic into a .gif and inserting the
picture into the doc, and choosing the Paste Special option and placing
it in as a bitmap.

Any suggestions anyone can offer would be wonderful. Please email me
personally since I do not belong to the tech writer list.

Thanks!

Karen
r3879z -at- email -dot- sps -dot- mot -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=