Question for Hiring Managers

Subject: Question for Hiring Managers
From: Michael Johnson <michaelj -at- OECMED -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 11:20:03 -0700

Greetings from Utah!

I've got a question for all the tech pubs managers out there, especially the ones with hiring/firing ability.

How important is it to get independent certification of your software (and other) skills? For example, I know Adobe Acrobat reasonably well, but I haven't bothered to take the Adobe test to become an Adobe-certified expert (ACE). Although the title has a nice ring to it, I have reservations about spending the money because I frankly doubt the return on investment. I think a portfolio filled with appropriate examples is proof enough.

What say ye?

Please respond to me off list and I'll summarize for anyone who's interested.

Thanks in advance!

Mike Johnson
Michaelj -at- oecmed -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000