Re: PDF to Word -- Conversion problem

Subject: Re: PDF to Word -- Conversion problem
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 23:00:05 +0100

Bernd,

If Acrobat Exchange is available, you also can use the EPS-Export plug- in
(either part of the distribution or then downloadable from the Adobe
website.

This could bypass Illustrator.

However, the file is still not editable.

PDF files are not intended to be content-editable ... particularly not with
word processors.

Hope, this can help.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch
WWW: http://www.prodok.ch/prodok

Bridging the Knowledge Gap

______________________

>Hi
>
>Is there any simple method to convert PDF Files to Word, without losing
>formatting?
>
>I have to insert diagrams and flow charts into a document. They are
>available in PDF format.
>
>The only method I found is:
>

>1. Adobe Illustrator: Open a page of the PDF-File.
>2. Adobe Illustrator: Export the page in EPS format (encapsulated postscript.)
>3. Word: Import the EPS file as picture (Access: Insert/Picture/From File.)
>4. Word: Resize the picture to fit the page.
>
>If you use this method the layout of the original pdf file will not be
>changed. But: You cannot modify the inserted page in word. The layout will
>be on printed pages in high quality.
>

>I searched in the archive but did not find another method.
>

>Best regards
>
>Bernd

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=