Some sound advice please

Subject: Some sound advice please
From: Peter O'Keefe <pokeefe -at- BELLSOUTH -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:14:34 -0500

Hello,
I have been reviewing the messages on this list for about a week now
and have been very impressed with many of the responses to those who
wrote asking for career direction advice. I recently graduated from a
small liberal arts school in the midwest with a B.A. in English. In the
course of researching career options I discovered technical writing and
have become quite certain that this is a field that I would love to
pursue further.
I have no formal training in computers outside of the basic word
processing and internet skills that I have acquired on my own time. I
am more than willing to take whatever courses necessary to qualify
myself for an entry level position. What is the best way to do this?
Should I enroll in a local technical college? Audit classes from a
state university? Are there private companies that offer this type of
training affordably? etc.
I currently live just north of Atlanta, GA. If anyone on this list
is from the area I would especially like to hear from them regarding
their knowledge of local programs and the meeting times and places of
any associations in this field. Thank you in advance to anyone who
replies to this request either on or off the list.
Peter J. O'Keefe
<pokeefe -at- bellsouth -dot- net>

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=