Re: Reasons for Contracting

Subject: Re: Reasons for Contracting
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 16:20:02 -0800

John David Hickey wrote:

> How do you justify being a contractor to an employer?

Justify? Most of the companies I work for don't want a staffer. Those
that do I thank for their kind consideration and say something like:

> I like the contracting biz 'cause I find it gives me more freedom
> and control over what I'm doing, ... I get more responsibility,
> and the challenge keeps me on my toes.

Notice I left out "the money's great"--I prefer not to discuss finances,
(beyond rates, of course) with clients.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

Try HTML Indexer, the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=