Word to Frame conversion

Subject: Word to Frame conversion
From: Jim McAward <jimmc -at- CHYRON -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 12:06:11 -0500

Kathy,

It's not trivial, but it's also not impossible. And, if the documents you
are concerned with are long (and you need to maintain them in the future)
you'll be glad you did.

I had an 800-pager to convert from Word 6. I found that the Frame 5.1.1
conversion filters are weak - but the Frame 5.5 filters are better. I would
save sections of the Word file into separate Frame files, then rebuild the
files into a Frame book.

I hit some snags with graphics - most of the graphics (some number in the
hundreds, I think) were actually copied into the document (rather than be
imported by reference. This was a major pain - but I was able to suffer
through in some cases by obtaining the pics again, and in others by copying
pics out to the PC clipboard, pasting them into Photoshop, resaving them as
separate files, then importing them into Frame.

The work took me the better part of a week... but since then I've had to
make two new revisions of the book - I more than made up the conversion time
by using Frame!

Good luck,

Jim

<snip>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 09:02:56 -0500
From: Katherin Stanzler <kstanzler -at- BROOKSOFT -dot- COM>

Does anyone have information on how much time and effort it takes to convert
a document set that is written in Word to Frame?

</snip>
James G. McAward
Manager, Technical Publications
Chyron Corporation Melville, NY 11747
jimmc -at- chyron -dot- com www.chyron.com

"Happy is the heart of him who writes; he is young each day."
-----Ptahhotep, Vizier to Isesi, Fifth Egyptian Dynasty, 2300 BC

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=