a good manual

Subject: a good manual
From: Drew Krause <dkrause -at- NETSIDE -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 18:30:44 -0500

I've been a computer manual reader much longer than a writer (the latter
about 2 years) and must call attention to a particularly well-written
guide I just picked up:

"Essential System Administration" by Aeleen Frisch (O'Reilly)

And no, I don't work for O'Reilly. The book is well-organized, giving the
right measure of task and background info; the tables and graphics
actually help understanding concepts; the layout is clean and attractive;
the writing is excellent.

I guess working in the field has sharpened my appreciation of good
technical documentation (that, plus the particularly labrynthine Unix man
pages). Are there other favorites out there? What do you like most or
least in the manuals you yourselves use?

Drew Krause Miami, FL
dkrause -at- netside -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=