FrameMaker --> Web Publisher --> Javahelp

Subject: FrameMaker --> Web Publisher --> Javahelp
From: "goldd -at- netspace -dot- net -dot- au" <goldd -at- NETSPACE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 19:23:55 +1100

Dear all

I have to implement some online help lickety-split. The software commitment
I'm locked into is to use FrameMaker 5.5.6+SGML and convert it via Web
Publisher to Javahelp. Has anyone implemented these successfully?

The archives have a number of postings on various combinations of the above
software; and the consensus, seems to be that they're a good solution.
However, Javahelp is still in beta so I'd be happy to hear from anyone whose
implemented this solution successfully. In particular, what is the best way
of preparing FrameMaker for porting to Javahelp? Also, what are the
important 'Watch-outs', 'Gotchas' and 'Workarounds' you've encountered?

If you prefer to email me off-line I'll precis and mail back to the list.

BTW the online help is to be embedded in IBM's Visual Age.

Looking forward to your replies
David Goldfajl

ph/fax: +61 03 9531 6882
email: goldd -at- netspace -dot- net -dot- au

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=