Searching for Info

Subject: Searching for Info
From: Susan Lenczyk <suelenczyk -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 20:44:52 -0500

Greetings. I am new to the list. I am tinkering with the idea of entering
the TW field, but I have a number of questions. It seems to me that no one
is better able to answer my questions than you.

(1) Are 10- to 12-hour work days the rule rather than the exception? I
understand crunch periods and willingly work extra hours during such times,
but when crunch days outnumber normal days (or rather, when crunch days ARE
normal days) and I am unable to keep outside commitments, I begin to feel
uncomfortable.

(2) Are TW jobs generally concentrated in certain geographic areas? I am
interested in relocating from New Jersey to upstate New York (Saratoga
Springs-Albany area). Do such jobs exist up there?

(3) My employment background is as an editor in the environmental
consulting field and as a grantwriter. I don't have much background in the
nitty-gritty of computers. Would I be considered for a TW job?

I would appreciate any information you could give.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=